What is an Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is a yearly fundraising campaign that supports the operations of the Arlington Children’s Theatre (ACT). It serves as a vital source of financial support that allows us to continue providing high-quality performances and immersive educational experiences for our young actors. This fund goes beyond ticket sales and supports our mission to foster creativity and self-expression in our performers.
How Does an Annual Fund Impact ACT?
The Annual Fund directly impacts ACT in a multitude of ways. ACT’s annual operating budget has reached roughly $200,000 in the current year. This includes the costs of hiring professional artistic staff, purchasing costumes and set pieces, renting performance spaces, and rent for our current home at Trinity Baptist Church. That’s where the Annual Fund comes in. It helps us maintain our programs, invest in state-of-the-art theatrical equipment, hire professional directors and choreographers, and keep our tuition affordable so more children can participate. Every donation, regardless of the size, allows us to enrich our programming and inspire our young performers to reach their fullest potential.
Your donation helps ACT to:
- Offer scholarships for participation in our programs.
- Produce five MainStage productions per year, plus two large scale summer productions.
- Create sets, costumes, props and other production elements for our shows.
- Offer workshops led by highly qualified instructors.
- Produce vacation day programs in February, April and over the summer.
- Maintain our own rehearsal and office space.
All donations are greatly appreciated. Please consider a donation of at least $20 to support ACT in its continuing effort to make theatre an essential and thriving part of our community.
Thank you for bringing us to where we are today, and we hope you will continue your commitment to the arts.